I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
- Workshop: July 7-16, 2017 - Birds of Iceland with Gerrit Vyn / Visionary Wild *4 spots left
- Workshop: September 8-19, 2017 - Iceland Overland with Justin Black / Visionary Wild *Sold out
- Workshop: August 28 - September 6, 2018 - Svalbard with Visionary Wild
- Workshop: January 2019 - Falkland Islands with Visionary Wild... details coming soon!
Recent site updates:
- Award: February 8, 2017 - 2017 ASME Reader's Choice Award for Best Cover, Travel and Adventure category
- Interview: October 28, 2016 - interview about my work: WILDSpeak 2016: Chris Linder by Kristan Ashworth for the Outdoor Photographer magazine blog
- Press: September 19, 2016 - Nikon: I am Eyes on Science: I am featured in Nikon's new action camera ads: 170 and 360
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores.
- MindShift camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more: click here
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more: click here
Follow my Instagram feed to see recent images from the field
Sign up for my quarterly newsletter