I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
- Expedition Workshop: August 2015: Iceland with Jack Dykinga & Ragnar Sigurdsson through Visionary Wild (a few spots left!)
- Expedition Workshop: September 2015: Greenland with Frans Lanting, Chris Eckstrom & Justin Black through Visionary Wild (sold out)
Recent site updates:
- Press: December 31, 2014 - highly honored, 2014 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards.
- Online Expedition: January-February, 2015: Learn about Adélie penguins, physical oceanography, and the West Antarctic ecosystem through our live daily blog from Palmer Station, Antarctica
- Publication: November 20, 2014 - Ensia: Tracking the fate of ancient carbon in the Siberian Arctic
- Publication: June 5, 2014 - The Atlantic: The 'Rock Star' of the Submarine World Just Turned 50
- Publication: June 1, 2014 - Smithsonian print edition (June 2014) & website feature my coverage of the Alvin submersible science testing: A League of its Own
- Press: May 8, 2014 - interview about my exhibit featuring polar species at risk: Climate change captured on film by Sean Gonzales in the Cape Cod Times.
- Press: April 1, 2014 - interview about my work: Science icescapes by Jessica Marshall in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Publication: January 7, 2014 - Slate online magazine: Puffin colonies are crashing. Quick! Let's hunt them.
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores. For a limited time, get it for $15 from U Chicago Press. Click here, then enter catalog code AD1200 and look for book number 340.
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more (use code AP-195).