I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
- Presentation: March 30, 6:30pm: Science at Work lecture series: Science on Ice, Tabor Academy, Marion, Massachusetts.
- Expedition Workshop: August 2015: Iceland with Jack Dykinga & Ragnar Sigurdsson through Visionary Wild (a few spots left!)
- Expedition Workshop: September 2015: Greenland with Frans Lanting, Chris Eckstrom & Justin Black through Visionary Wild (sold out)
Recent site updates:
- Press: December 31, 2014 - highly honored, 2014 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards.
- Publication: November 20, 2014 - Ensia: Tracking the fate of ancient carbon in the Siberian Arctic
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores. For a limited time, get it for $15 from U Chicago Press. Click here, then enter catalog code AD1200 and look for book number 340.
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more (use code AP-195).