I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
- Assignment: February 2016: Hydrothermal vents expedition, Tahiti, Schmidt Ocean Institute
- Assignment: June 2016: Yukon delta, Woods Hole Research Center
- Assignment: Summer 2016: Hydrothermal Dynamics of Yellowstone Lake experiment, Yellowstone National Park
- Workshop: November 2-8, 2016: Polar Bears: Eye to Eye with Roy Toft / Visionary Wild
- Publication: January 26, 2016 - Living Bird Magazine cover & feature article: On The Antarctic Peninsula, Scientists Witness A Penguin Revolution
- Press: December 4, 2015 - Origin Magazine: recognized as one of The World’s Top Wildlife, Nature, and Culture Photographers by ILCP
- Publication: November 1, 2015 - Science Magazine: Born to Rewild
- Publication: November 1, 2015 - Audubon Magazine: How Young Chileans Are Saving the Hudsonian Godwit
- Press: October 13, 2015 - inducted as a Fellow in the Explorer's Club.
- Press: October 6, 2015 - Winner, birds category, 2015 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards.
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores.
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more! (affiliate code: 139831.3fb714).
- Sign up for my quarterly newsletter
Recent site updates: